designed using Buckley's reservoir design as a base.
During the Christmas holidays I had some parts made. The air tank thread is the same as a paintball gun and meets no commercial tap size. The company that lathed the parts for me used stainless and glad they did as I was thinking of going brass. I have to finish the parts, but will hopefully get to it before the month is over. I will add more on these pages when I am able to do more work.
July 3, 2010
I had started the action block myself but had to source out the boring as I didn't have the tooling necessary. Unfortunately the job shop messed up and I had them redo the bore for the bolt as it was 0.025" off center. It is now a perfect fit but doesn't look as good as solid block. This was last year when this was done.
I finally did a little more work to the "Concept 4" project. I milled the slot for the trigger in the trigger guard/handle. The screw holes also are now in place and need chamfering. I also machined the action block to fit the handle using a slot to keep the assembled gun tighter together rather then relying on screws alone. Spent about 7 hours do the work and will be a few weeks before I can continue.